Saturday 2 June 2012

broken

I want to kiss your tangled wing
take it from under your chin and iron it out
let the feathers fall into place
and find you beautiful

you make me afraid
of the worst parts of me
of breaking the rules
of reaching out
of catching your ugly

I want to remold your face
sculpt your skin into magnificent
close your chameleon eyes
so you can be seen again

you make me ashamed
of my thoughtlessness
of my fragility
of my selfish nature
of being the next in line to catch your desease

I want to inhabit you
rebuild your frame from the inside out
one bone at a time, windows and all
until you resemble the Segrada Familia


and then I will pray
that we saw each other
and that you knew
you are everything light and brave
and I will worship inside your broken house
forever.













No comments:

Post a Comment